Scared to talk about the money? Or do you feel awkward talking about it with a prospect? Today, I’m going to teach you some ways to help you get over that fear or awkward feeling whenever you talk about money with your prospective clients so you can earn the income that you deserve.
Here are the highlights of the episode today:
Common reasons why salespeople are scared of talking about money:
- Fear of rejection
- Fear that the product is more expensive than what they’re willing to pay
- Feeling that you’re robbing them because you’re trying to get money from them
7 Strategies When Talking About the Money:
- Be confident in what you have to offer.
The price is going to be a small investment for the value they’re going to get from your product. Believe in your product or service, otherwise, you need to look for another product or service you have confidence in.
- Bring up money once you’ve established the value.
Talking about money too soon or too late can be detrimental. When you’re sitting down with a customer and they see the value, it’s much easier to talk about pricing because they have already recognized the value.
- Focus on people who are your ideal prospects.
There are people who are just shopping around for the cheapest products so don’t worry about them. Focus on your ideal prospects whom you want to build a relationship with.
- Mention that you’re going to talk about pricing in your next agenda (depending on the length of your sales process).
Tell them that you’re going to have to talk about budget in the next meeting so both of you know that you’re going to talk about money and that breaks the awkwardness. Putting it on the agenda also allows you to bring information that can help reinforce the value of the product or service.
- Know that once the customer sees you’re a good fit to them, they will definitely figure out a way to include you into their budget.
If they truly see your value, they will surely do as much as they can to make sure that they get the product or service.
Practice through role playing where you sit down and talk about money. Ask yourself those typical questions asked by prospects about money. This makes it easier for you to deliver your message about money.
- Evaluate previous clients.
Go back to your past customers and see what they’ve spent on your product or service and think about the results they got to build up your confidence level.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.