Do you have a clear vision of what you want for 2024?
If not, then you are already setting yourself up for failure. This year should be about improving your income, succeeding, and thriving in the sales industry.
But the only way to do this is by establishing a clear vision for yourself. In this episode of the Sales Evangelist podcast, host Donald C. Kelly dives into the importance of creating a vision as a salesperson. He provides practical insights and tips on how sales professionals can develop a vision, set effective standards, and achieve their goals to thrive and succeed in 2024.
Understanding Vision, Mission, and Standards
- Donald clarifies the distinction between vision and mission. He highlights that while the mission statement reflects current actions and objectives, the vision pertains to future aspirations and long-term goals.
- Drawing from an example by the Lassian blog, he illustrates how a sales professional’s vision may encompass aspirational goals, such as becoming the top performer in their organization or making a meaningful impact in a specific area, while their daily mission involves tasks and responsibilities to achieve that vision.
- Donald emphasizes the importance of setting minimally acceptable levels or benchmarks, which individuals should continually work towards.
- He draws parallels between standards in sales and other professions, emphasizing that standards serve as critical metrics that align with an individual’s mission and vision. These standards represent the key performance indicators (KPIs) necessary to achieve long-term goals.
Practical Application for Sales Professionals
- Donald provides actionable advice for sales professionals, focusing on implementing these principles in their daily routines.
- He emphasizes identifying three critical standards directly contributing to achieving the set vision.
- Additionally, he suggests incorporating specific daily goals or KPIs that align with these standards.
- For instance, he recommends setting goals for prospecting time, outreach efforts, and referral requests, emphasizing their direct impact on achieving the established vision and standards.
This episode provides valuable guidance for sales professionals seeking to elevate their performance and achieve long-term success in 2024. Join Donald as he shares his insights and actionable strategies for sales representatives.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.