How do you get people to know you before they meet you?
In this five-minute episode of “The Sales Evangelist Podcast,” host Donald Kelly will tell you exactly how. Donald emphasizes the importance of creating a point of reference and humanizing oneself in prospects’ eyes before initiating sales conversations.
Discover valuable insights on building connections with potential prospects before engaging with them.
Building Relationships on LinkedIn
- Donald discusses the challenges of reaching prospects through traditional means, such as emails and phone calls, and highlights the effectiveness of creating a point of reference on LinkedIn.
- He suggests that LinkedIn serves as a social gathering spot and provides an opportunity to bridge the gap between a sales professional and a prospective client by allowing them to see the human side of the individual.
The “Get to Know Me” Post
- One of the key strategies that Donald shares is the concept of the “Get to Know Me” post on LinkedIn.
- He encourages listeners to utilize the featured section of their LinkedIn profiles to highlight a post that showcases their personal side instead of a sales pitch.
- By steering prospects to this post, individuals can offer a glimpse into their personal life and interests, thereby breaking down the initial barrier and shaping a more relatable image in the eyes of potential clients.
Humanizing the Sales Approach
- Donald stresses the significance of adding personality and humor to the “Get to Know Me” post.
- By injecting elements of fun and sharing personal quirks or preferences, individuals can attract prospects on a human level, transcending the typical sales persona.
- He draws from a guest’s advice to incorporate humor into the post, as laughter is a powerful tool to forge connections with others.
Encouraging Authentic Connections
- Donald encourages listeners to experiment with the “Get to Know Me” post on LinkedIn and invites them to share their experiences with him.
- He emphasizes the universal need for genuine human connections and advocates for transforming LinkedIn from a professional networking platform to a human networking platform.
Donald shares powerful tips in this five-minute episode. Try implementing these strategies to help build your pipeline and close more deals. Join us in the next episode for more insightful discussions and actionable sales strategies.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.