Have you heard about Klout? Most people out there may not have a vast knowledge of this new and growing social media measuring tool. But I know two experts who do, Terry Brock and Gina Carr! Terry and Gina joined forces and developed a phenomenal book about Klout and how powerful it is. During this episode, my great friend Jared Easley at the Starve The Doubts Podcast invited me to join in on an interview with Terry Brock. Jared and I both learned a great deal from Terry and how Klout can influence our business and personal lives. There is also a significant benefit to sales professionals and entrepreneurs who take advantage of it.
Below is a brief video I posted recently on The Sales Evangelist Facebook Page, where Terry and Gina educate us on Klout.
Check out some of the major ttakeawaysJared and I got from Terry below.
- Higher Klout score will mean that you will get more business
- The power of Klout comes from an individual’s ability to genuinely connect with others
- To succeed on Klout, you must share your own created content as well as others
- When you do create your own content, make sure the information is accurate because it will separate you from many others
- As a salesperson, with a quality Klout score you will be able to be seen as more valuable in the eyes of your clients and prospects
- Pour more TME (Time Money and Energy) into something that you like and will be relevant to others. If you do so, you will be happy and help others to be happy as well
If you are curious about my Klout score, send me a tweet me at @Donaldckelly and hashtag #KloutScore. I will be more than happy to share it with you. Enjoy the episode.
Check out Terry and Gina’s book (Affiliate link to Amazon):