During this episode I reveal one of the most unexpected things I am thankful for. Can you guess what it is? Well, obviously I am grateful for the usual things such as health, family, freedom and most importantly my wife. But the most unexpected thing I am grateful for in relations to business is my competition. Here is why:
- The competition has performed in depth case studies that you can be used to educate your prospects.
- They validate ideas that you may have about unique challenges facing your ideal customers. They do the research in the form of case studies which you can use to position your product or service in a new and unique way.
- Competition can help you get into a new market quickly.
- You can take the companies they highlight in their case studies and search them on LinkedIn and find similar companies. It will become very likely the company your competition does the case study on is facing the same challenges your prospects are facing. They reveal great information you can share with them.
- Connect with key individuals within the company the case study was done on so that when the honeymoon phase is over, you may be able to come in and position yourself. Executives may change, customer service may go down or any number of things. You need to be there as the BEST alternative. The case study also already revealed that they are willing to pay high dollars to fix challenges. This will be helpful when you get the opportunity to position yourself.
So as you finish up this Thanksgiving holiday and work on plans to start of the new year strong, implement this strategy to help you get an edge. Thank goodness for competition and also turkeys!