As we go through this episode, Tom and I discuss one of his other programs, “Close Like a Beast”. Now, to “Close Like a Beast” is a life style and a way. Tom took this concept and implemented it in the course he has created to help sellers gain greater confidence in closing sales. Tom believes, “you’re never too old to learn and you’re never too old to get better.”
Here are some of the take away from our conversation.
- Lack of confidence comes from a lack of confidence in the company they work for, the product/service they offer, or themselves.
- Negativity feeds on fear and low confidence. When you remove fear, negativity flees and confidence can grow.
- To help with growing your confidence, you must practice everyday. Just like top athletes who practice and work with a proper coaching staff. As a seller, we need to treat our sales performance like top performing athletes
- Always have a good attitude, it is never too late to learn and grow.
- Salespeople need to take responsibility for themselves and not point fingers at others.
- When you find that you are falling into the quicksand of negativity, you need to stop making excuses and ask for help
- EOS– Explanation of Service…this is something every seller needs to have. You need to get to the point quickly so that the buyer can see the value and close themselves.
- Have your sales pitch or explanation of service totally focused on the prospect and make them feel that you care about them.
- Learn to instill certainty in your prospects through a video testimonial from a third party. You can use this at the end of your sales cycle when a prospect is not quite sure they want to go with you.
- The number one thing a manager can do to help their sales team is to inspire them with a purpose. They need to have an individual purpose and a company purpose.
Best way to stay in contact with Tom:
Twitter: @Tom Ricciuti
Video Series: TomTalk