Greta Schulz is an entrepreneur, consultant, and a motivational sales speaker. She is the founder and president of Schulz Business, a sales consulting firm that provides sales training programs to small businesses. Having an extensive experience in sales, marketing, training, and sales management, Greta primarily helps people to stop selling.
For several people sales somehow ends up being a negative experience for them. Greta seeks to be able to shift that mindset in people, teaching entrepreneurs and salespeople the beauty of giving customers the option of saying ‘no’ as a doorway to better opportunities.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Greta:
Greta’s coolest experience when she was the customer comes from the purchase of her first BMW.
- Getting people to come to the conclusion of buying without force
- Changing sales interaction through asking good questions
Sales process, defined:
- It is not memorizing scripts
- An outline of what you’re doing and where you’re going while injecting your own style and personality
Why people don’t use a process
Poor communication as a huge problem:
- Listening for an opportunity to close
Key principles of a sales process:
- Setting ground rules to make people comfortable and give them an option to say no
- Ask neutral, engaging questions until you get down further
Bringing up price in the process:
- Less with cost, more with emotion
- Price is subjective
- Get their issues on the table first and find out how these affect them
- Paying for nice vs. necessary
- Bringing up money either too early or too late
The right place to talk about money: after issues, before proposal
Giving them a range of prices:
- To give them an idea of where you are
- To get their reaction
Staying disciplined to the process:
- A process always allows you to know where you are.
- Having motivators to stick with it
- Knowing that you achieve success at the end of the process
- Having confidence in each step of the process
The importance of being in control of the process
- You are in control since you’re asking the questions.
Current projects Greta is working on:
Sales Success Kit – everything Greta teaches in a box (CDs, DVDs, workbooks, cheat sheet pad, online training, etc.)
To find out more about Greta, visit www.schulzbusiness.com
Greta’s Major Takeaway:
Set those ground rules at the beginning and make sure that you let people know that NO is okay.