First off, here are a few steps to get you started:
- Get your team together.
- Identify who your ideal customers are.
- Determine the goal of the meetings you have with them.
- Figure out if the people you’re calling are a “fit.”
When you’re creating the script:
- Identify yourself.
- Show that you respect their time by asking if it’s a good time to chat.
- Explain what you’re calling about.
- Your purpose comes in here and it must be powerful!
- Understand what is keeping them awake or frustrated.
- What’s the main objective of their role?
- Chat about their pain or challenge that you can bring value to.
- Try to “disqualify” in learning about their specific challenge
- Schedule a specific time for you to sit down and chat more. Send a Calendar Invite.
- Find out if there’s anyone else that needs to be a part of the meeting. Be more proactive and send them the Calendar Invite as well.
- Offer value that initially speaks to that specific pain (ex. podcast episode, white paper, etc.) before you sit down and meet with them.
Benefits of using a sales script:
- Builds a stronger relationship
- Forges a greater bond
- You’ll be top notch!
Change your script:
- Take a script and mold it.
- Tweak it and use it the best way possible.
- Change things around as needed.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS