From knives to trucks, Scott Henricks certainly knows what he’s talking about. It doesn’t really matter what you sell, it’s how you sell it.
Scott is a general manager for a diesel performance company specializing in engine re-calibrations for Duramax and Cummins trucks. Today, Scott shares with us some challenges he encountered and how he overcame them to give him the results that he aimed for.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Scott:
Scott’s sales challenge:
Becoming a specialist from one product category to another product category and doing it quickly
Strategies Scott applied:
- Forums: A place where you will find enthusiasts and subject matter experts. However, you need to utilize forums correctly. Know what you’re talking about. Do it right.
The benefits of forums:
- It becomes a “sales force multiplier”
- You can quantify and find prospects through data you can gather
- Learning from Dave Kerpen’s book: Likeable Social Media
- How to build your own set of evangelists
- How to get people on board with your product
- Bring value first.
Help people instead of selling. By helping the right people, these people are going to start selling for you and doing it from the goodness of their hearts.
Scott’s Major Takeaway:
Don’t be afraid to help. Even if no one’s asking for it, just get out there. Spread knowledge and try to find people who are enthusiastic about your product. Get involved with them and they’ll take care of you.