During this episode I had the pleasure of interviewing Ryan Avery, the youngest World Champion of Public Speaking. Ryan is currently a professional speaker working with audiences all over the world. In our conversation, Ryan offers great tips that you can apply to advanced your ability to deliver a great presentation.
Some of the things Ryan shares are:
- Break the ice by showing you are vulnerable (laugh at yourself)
- Know your audience by learning about each individual who will be in the room
- When seeking to connect with your audience, dress to relate not to impress
- When preparing for a presentation, you are always developing and refining it
- How you practice will determine how you play
- When giving a presentation make it simple, impactful and relatable
- When giving a presentation show that you are human
- Differentiate yourself by being YOU! This will give you an edge over your competitors because they can’t be you!
- PowerPoint should not have more than 10 words. Ryan recommends the use of videos instead of pictures sometimes
- Focus on ONE message that you want your audience to get
These are some very practical tips and advice that any of us can begin implementing today to see a difference. Please try them and let me know how effective it was for you.
You can stay in touch with Ryan via his contact information below:
Website: “How to Be a Speaker”
Twitter: “How to Be a Speaker”
Facebook: “How to Be a Speaker”
Check out Ryan’s New Book:
MUSIC PROVIDED BY FREESFX
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE ON ITUNES OR LISTEN ON STITCHER RADIO.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS