I’m a firm believer that, as sales professionals and entrepreneurs, we need to take advantage of tools that are going to make our lives easier and increase our ability to sell more. This is why I’m doing this three part series. Over the next three Mondays, I will share with you some of the favorite tools I use on a daily basis to assist or enhance my sales performance. This week I want to share with you “Hubspot’s Sidekick” tool. It’s one that I use the most — besides my CRM.
The tool is just like the name depicts. It’s a sidekick to provide you insights with your email, personal intel on your prospects and offers potential leads similar to the ones you’re working with.
We all have heard that it takes up to 8-12 touches for a prospect to make a purchase. So, this is why sellers of all levels send emails and leave voice mails in hopes that they can reach their target individuals. But how can you tell if they are getting your emails? You can always be “that guy” and send the creepy stalker-looking “read receipt,” but whenever you send that it just feels like you’re desperate or trying too hard and annoying.
But what if there was a way to know when and how a prospect opened your email? What if you can see who they forward it to? How about what links they clicked on and how long they spent on those pages? Well, those are a few powerful capabilities of Hubspot’s Sidekick.
During this episode, I reveal some of the unique ways I’m using this tool. I’m sure you’ll discover some of your own. Some of the benefits you will see by using this are:
- Sidekick shows you powerful information about your contacts right in your inbox
- See a contact’s professional history, where they live, mutual contacts, email history and so much more
- With Sidekick you can track your emails
- Receive live notifications when someone opens or clicks on one of your emails
- Know when, how many times, where, and from what device they opened your email
- Sidekick recommends leads who are similar companies to those you are working with
- Sidekick is FREE! Allowing you up to 200 email notifications per month
Here is a video that Hubspot put together on this tool. Check it out and let me know what you think.
And remember to work smarter, not harder, take advantage of tools and do BIG THINGS!