Does selling using email really work?
Well, Ian Brodie surely thinks so and I believe him! He is an email marketing expert and is able to prove it with his years of experience. During a recent interview with Ian, he shared some of his best secrets that has brought him tremendous success. Come and check out some of the major takeaways from our conversation.
The Three Most Important Things To Know When Selling Via Emails:
1. Make sure to have deep insights about your ideal customer. Really understand who they are, what they look like etc. Have a very clear picture of the ideal client.
2. Share valuable information to your prospects and customers. Make sure that it is entertaining as well.
3. Get people use to taking action from your emails. Build up that “Take Action” mentality with every email by offering some kind of commitment (re-share, tweet, click etc.).
4. Take advantage of paid traffic. It works when done properly.
Why do People Subscribe?
1. The long term factor of what people will get from your email. Don’t just name it as “sign up for my newsletter” but offer a title that is catchy. This will encourage visitors to subscribe to your list.
Ex. “Client Winning Tips”
2. Short term incentives: People want to get things that will give them a little win right now.
Why People Don’t Subscribe?
1. A website that looks very spammy or sketchy.
2. When you ask for tons for information in an opt-in form.
How Often Should You Email Your Subscribers?
Every industry is different, so you must feel it out as to what your specific list wants to get. But generally good customers will want to get more information from you. Studies show that the more you communicate with your subscribers, the more they will stay with you and wont unsubscribe.
How To Make A Great Subject Line?
Make it something that would be thought provoking to your target audience. Look at tabloids headlines of how they use curiosity to catch attention of their audience. Use similar strategies to grab the attention of your ideal audience.
Book Ian Mentioned:
What Is The Best Way To Stay Connected To Ian?
Checkout Ian’s Course:
Build a Steady Flow of Leads and Clients in 30 Days or Less.
MUSIC PROVIDED BY FREESFX
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS