Today, we will dive into the power of giving value to your customers through educating them first before you even start selling. Our guest for this episode is a California dude Anthony Tran. His company, Marketing Access Pass, is a full web service business that designs websites to social media marketing search engine optimization. He also has a podcast, Marketing Access Pass, where he interviews online entrepreneurs as they share their online tips and strategies so that people can take their business the the next level online. He talks about online business, how it operates, and how online marketing can integrate with their business
In this episode, Anthony shares with us his wealth of knowledge on educating customers as your avenue to sales as well as providing education in order to create a great buying experience for your customers.
Bring value, value, value first…and business will naturally come knocking on your door.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Anthony:
People buy on emotion more than they buy on logics.
The importance of educating before you start selling.
- Through teaching your audience, you get their trust to do business with you.
- Builds relationship with your clients.
- Even acquiring clients out of serendipity.
How Anthony educates and brings value to his audience:
- Creating YouTube video tutorials and online training to educate people (ex. tricks to operate faster, cool plugins, better layouts for higher conversion, etc)
- Marketing Access Pass Podcast
Becoming the trusted resource.
The principle of “thinking different.”
Creating a blog for your ideal customers:
- Start with a WordPress platform – easy-to-use content management system
- Think of how you can educate and help people understand.
Other ways to educate your customers:
- Live workshops
- Sharing content on social media
Figuring out what to provide to your customers:
- They will usually give you feedback, just ask them.
- Ask them. (ex. what they’re struggling with or what is it that they want to learn)
- The power of opening up to people and interacting with them.
The power of giving out free content so customers can test your product.
Shift from a mindset of just closing sales to building the trust of your customers.
Projects Anthony is currently working on:
- Virtual Summit in 2015 – interviewing online entrepreneurs to share traffic generation and marketing strategies.
Connect with Anthony at MarketingAccessPass.com.
Anthony’s Major Takeaway:
Sometimes sales may have a bad stigma to it. But through this approach, you can actually make sales without pressuring the people to do it. And by giving value and training people, you’re going to make sales… people are going to have a great experience buying from you.[Tweet “@AnthonyTranMAP Thanks for the great information you shared on #TheSalesEvangelist Podcast with @DonaldCKelly “]