Have you ever wondered if door to door sales is worth it, much less even profitable? Well, my friend Paul Shakuri can certainly prove that it is. In this episode I had the pleasure of bringing Paul on the podcast to chat with us about the door to door sales industry and how he found success doing it. Speaking as someone who did earn a good amount of money in college selling security systems door to door, it is not easy.
Like anything else it requires the right attitude and drive to help someone continue onward to find success, but let me tell you, it sure does pay. Even if you are not interested in doing door to door sales, the principle that Paul shares apply to a wide range of industries.
Here are some of the major takeaways from our discussion:
- Any salesperson who wants to be the best needs to challenge themselves and challenge themselves against other people.
- Door to door sales is not dead because it is built on human relationship.
- Create an avatar of your ideal client and have that in the back of your mind as you are prospecting.
- Learn who is your avatar from those who are experienced sellers within your company.
- If the buyers like you, they will talk to you. If they trust you, they will do business with you.
- How do you stay motivated? Set financial and personal goals that will keep you focused on the outcome.
Stay in contact with Paul: