• Home
  • /
  • Blog
  • /
  • TSE 810: TSE Hustler’s League-“You’re Not Like Us”

Don't miss our weekly sales tips!

Sign up below to get weekly tips from Donald on how to build a healthy sales pipeline and convert 2x as many deals!

The Sales Evangelist

TSE Hustler's League, The Sales Evangelist Podcast, Rapport, connect with prospects We do business with people we know, like, and trust. When we connect with prospects, we increase the odds that they’ll feel that way about us.

Often, though, as sales professionals, we skip the connection step and go straight for the sale.

On today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist Hustler’s League, we discuss ways we can connect with prospects so they begin to see us as someone who is like them.

Create value to connect with prospects.

Whether we’re beginning with cold outreach or warm leads, we must address unconsidered needs: something the prospect hadn’t thought of before.

If I can share something the prospect doesn’t already know, he’ll consider that valuable, and it will build connection.

Craft a message to connect with prospects.

A member of a political party may overlook their dislike for the party candidate because he believes strongly in the party’s message.

Sellers who craft a message prospects can believe in will more readily convert them to customers.

Use more than words to connect with prospects.

We communicate 7 percent of our message through words. The other 93 percent is through vocal tones, volume, and body language.

Without personality, our message won’t translate.

A salesperson called me on behalf of a company that I’m providing coaching for, and she read a script to me. It was monotone and uninteresting, and if I hadn’t known the company, I would have hung up.

Words weren’t enough. I couldn’t relate to her.

Use nonverbal skills to connect with prospects.

Match the pace of your speech to the person you’re speaking to. If he’s from Texas, slow down a bit. From New York? Pick up the pace. If he talks quietly, you do the same.

If the prospect is sitting with crossed arms, use mirroring to try to persuade him to open up his posture. Change your own posture to something open and your prospect may do the same.

Episode resources

We share these messages with you because we want you to build value, be happy, and close more deals.

Most importantly, we want you to go out every day and do big things.

Our group coaching program, The Sales Evangelist Hustler’s League, offers sellers of all experience levels and all industries a chance to learn from one another, share experiences, and benefit from weekly online coaching sessions.

Our next session begins April 26, and it will focus on building value in an effort to close more deals. To see if you qualify, visit The Sales Evangelist Hustler’s League.

Sound provided by Free SFX.

About the Author The Sales Evangelist

Donald is the host of the popular sales podcast,"The Sales Evangelist". He is the founder of The Sales Evangelist Consulting Firm where he helps small companies develop killer sales process to scale their business and increase growth.

Donald is also an award-winning speaker, sales trainer, and coach. He's a big fan of traveling, South Florida staycations and high-quality family time. Donald has a belief that “anyone” can sell if they have the desire and receives the proper training.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

LinkedIn Prospecting Made Easy!

5 Simple Ways to Landing Appointments on LinkedIn, Even If You Don’t Know Where To Start!

LinkedIn Prospecting on Laptop

TheSalesEvangelist.com needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at anytime. See our privacy policy for terms and conditions and to learn how we protect your data.