Have you followed up plenty of times and not heard anything back? Did they go radio silent after you gave them the proposal?
During this episode, I highlight the importance of continuing the conversation with your customers.
Listen up and learn how you can effectively follow up as salespersons.
PREPARATION IS KEY
- Don’t wing it. It’s never going to work. Come to the table prepared. This requires understanding the buyer’s journey.
- Who’s the ideal customer?
- What is their buying process? How do they purchase?
- List the top 3 challenges that they have.
- What do you need to ask in the first appointment?
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION
- In the first appointment, give them something that they can hold on to.Send a calendar invite. Have a clear next step.
- Get their cellphone number. Usually, people don’t answer an email as quickly as a text message.
- Give them a piece of content that can help them in their buyer’s journey. Use this as a follow up piece in case they don’t show up.
- Grab their interest. Make sure they respond. Keep them involved. Get them invested on the next meeting all the way down to the pricing. Build value and they will stick around.
- Ask them for a Non-Disclosure Agreement or something that will get you involved in their process. This will show a level of trust and respect.
Check out the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.