We all need coaching. Sometimes we don’t do the things or put the processes in place to get the coaching that we need.
In today’s episode, Shimon Lazaro shares with us the struggles top performers deal with and how to coach these strong personalities.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Shimon:
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN COACHING TOP PERFORMERS
- Research shows that top performers are always improving.
- The key to this improvement is finding the coach that resonates with you who can help make your strengths more pronounced.
- It’s not easy to find the right one since every coach is also different.
DEFINITION OF COACHING
- Coaching is tailored to the individual vs. regular training. It understands what you’re good at and where your challenges are. Coaching is much more personalized.
- Coaching is also cross-functional. Clients have issues with many different things and when you solve these issues together, it boosts performance. It helps you become a leader.
- Coaching dives deeper and understands those areas of opportunity. Research shows that coaching makes employees more productive and happier and also reduces turnover.
THINGS TOP PERFORMERS STRUGGLE WITH
- You tend to think that your approach works and you have all the answers. The better your results are, the harder it is to change.
- Some things that you’ve been doing for years aren’t necessarily working.
- Always try new and different things. Go out of your comfort zone!
HOW TO COACH SOMEBODY WITH A STRONG PERSONALITY
- Two types of people who succeed:
- Open to change and learn
- Resistant to learn
- Understand what motivates them. Once you discover that, it’s easy to work with that person. A good coach will know how to spot these personality traits.
- There is no single formula as long as you can convince someone to be open to change. Small improvements can build up over time.
HOW LIFECOACH CAN HELP YOU
- You tell us what you want to work on and our algorithm matches you with many coaches that have helped similar people in the past.
- We let you work with them for free for 7 days and get their different approaches.
- We also have different technologies that can support you with your needs and goals.
Shimon’s Major Takeaway:
No matter how good you are, you can always be better. You can always improve. Life can be so much better than what it currently is, no matter how successful you are.
Check out the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.