Feel like you’ve been hustling and hustling but still you’re not getting the results you want?
This could all be a matter of changing your mindset to seeking friendships, instead of favors.
Dustin Sandoval is a sales leader and author. He shares some insights into how millennials can perform well and be successful in their role. Dustin co-authored the book, Millennial Mindset.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Dustin:
Strategies you can do to become a noticer:
1. Listen to what other people are saying.
Understand what they’re interested in.
2. Draw from your expertise and give them anything that can help them get to where the need to go.
3. Help every single person you interact with.
4. Recognize what people are trying to look for.
It’s Not All Business All the Time
- Trust is a big part.
- It all comes down to the trust factor. And it’s hard to do that if you’re always trying to sell your product.
The Power of Storytelling
- Make it a little more memorable for the prospect so there’s something that resonates with them.
- Lean on something that people can relate to your product or service.
- See what they have in common with you so there’s something you can use to connect with each other.
Dustin’s Major Takeaway:
Solutions, Not Excuses
Fear of Cold Calling? You don’t have to call. You can send them an email or stop by their office. Whatever that looks like, spot a way to create a solution. Stop making excuses.
Find a way to create solutions, not create excuses
Check out the TSE Hustler’s League.
Tired of PowerPoint decks? Use Prezi Business and your presentations will never be the same.