Today, our guest, Cynthia Barnes, is a B2B, women sales coach. She’s back here on the show today to talk about a struggle she face, how she overcame it, and the results she got.
Cynthia Barnes is a Metro Detroit-based executive sales and leadership coach and thought leader. As a visionary and intense leader of highly successful sales teams, Cynthia has learned that the key to reaching the Top 1% is a high level of precision combined with relentless execution.
Cynthia is Founder and CEO of Barnes Sales Institute, an executive sales coaching firm for women sales professionals and the driving force behind the National Association of Women Sales Professionals— a national sales organization that provides professional development and advocates for the advancement of women sales professionals.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Cynthia:
Cynthia’s biggest sales struggle:
- Not being crystal clear on the target market she serves and the services she provides
- Trying to service customers in the level they expect you to service them even if it’s actually not your expertise (For instance, they expect you to to do marketing even when you’re expertise is in sales)
Strategies Cynthia Did to Overcome Her Struggles:
- Cynthia is a darn good sales coach. So she knew she needed to be able to stay in her lane.
- This takes humility and conviction, knowing that you are good at what you do.
- It takes focus to say you’re not going to do something else.
Focusing on the Right People:
- Stay in your lane and the right people and the right opportunities are attracted to you because you’re in your lane, your silo, your own vertical.
- For instance, Cynthia only coaches women sales professionals. She doesn’t coach men and B2C clients. She is a B2B, women sales coach.
- When you brand yourself as an expert in your field, there’s not enough “manpower” to handle all the people that reach out to you.
Cynthia’s Major Takeaway:
Do what you do and do it really well. Be crystal clear on your messaging, who you are, what you serve, and who you serve. Then the right people will come to you.
Check out the TSE Hustler’s League.
Tired of PowerPoint decks? Use Prezi Business and your presentations will never be the same.