Thinking about social selling and hiring a digital marketing firm to do it? Not so fast, though.
Today’s guest is Veronica Romney and she’s going to shares with us some insights about what you should do and know before selecting a digital marketing company.
Veronica is the President and CEO of LoSoMo, Inc., a digital marketing agency specialized in location-based services. They help drive businesses both online and offline to bring as much relevant business to your physical store or online office.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Veronica:
The Power of Smartphone
- It can personalize what you’re doing.
- Everything you do will leave a digital footprint and this will change the behavior of your devices.
- When you do a search on your phone, it’s going to localize and personalize things for you.
Biggest Mistakes People Make with Digital Marketing:
- Underestimating what you can do
- Underestimating what social media can do.
- Not understanding that everything we do is trackable
- Failure to select the right digital marketing firm
Common Red Flags to Look for in Some Digital Marketing Firms
There is no certification for SEO experts. Word-of-mouth is not as reliable unless you get that referral at the right time and at the right place.
2. Companies that only do services for one industry can duplicate their efforts.
Work with someone who only do it for a specific industry. Most companies that only work for one industry are notorious for recycling their work. They could send word-for-word copies and that could put you in danger of plagiarizing content. Or they could copy another company’s website and things could get messed up.
3. They claim they have 97% client retention rate.
Be careful to read the fine prints. Because if you leave before the year, they could take your website from you. And your website could disappear.
Characteristics of a Good Digital Marketing Company:
1. They ask you, what is going to change between now and 2-3 months from now?
If you have a reason for this, is it worth that business?
2. They build a tech relationship that is consultative and education-based.
Strategies for Selecting a Digital Marketing Firm:
- Be aware that your business is your arena. It’s your choice to do your business.
- What digital marketing agencies can do is to just help you.
- Evaluate the agency whether they have hunger in what they do.
Veronica’s Major Takeaway:
Every single thing is trackable. There is nothing hidden behind some curtain of mystic. There is data behind every product in your hand.
Connect with Veronica on LoSoMo, Inc. or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @vromney.
Check out the TSE Hustler’s League.
Tired of PowerPoint decks? Use Prezi Business and your presentations will never be the same.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS