There’s a fine line between being persuasive and being pushy. And you don’t want to get to the latter. But how do you reach out to clients without appearing too sleazy?
Today’s guest is Michelle Weinstein and she’s going to show us just that.
Michelle is fellow podcaster, her show Success Unfiltered talks about how you can overcome rejections to achieve the success you want.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Michelle:
How to Stop Being Sleazy:
- It’s not about you, but it’s about the buyer you’re selling to.
- It’s all about your client.
- Does your product or service solve one of their problems? It does, great. If not, find something new.
It’s Not About You
- Work on building a rapport and relationship.
- Some sales cycles are long, others are short.
The Pitch Queen System
- Figure out what their problems are. Get to know them personally.
- Don’t forget about the human connection.
- Building rapport and relationship is like a transfer of “currency” in terms of your energy.
How to Get Personal Without Being Too Intrusive:
- Start asking people questions.
- If you’re in line at Starbucks, get someone to get off the phone. Find something authentic that you can strike up a conversation with.
- Talk with your baristas or dry cleaners or car cleaners. Learn about their family.
- Talk to your neighbors and get to know them.
- Implement the above things into your business and it’s the same thing.
How to Avoid the Things that Turn Buyers Off
- Talk less.
- Remember the 70/20 rule. Let them talk 70% of the time, while you talk 30% of the time. The more people talk, the more they get into their emotional state.
- Ask really good questions.
- Be genuinely interested in the other person.
- Make sure you love what you’re doing.
Your Contacts Are Your Worth
A relationship could pay off ten years from now. Don’t burn the bridge and keep in touch with people you know. Timing has a lot to do with it too.
Michelle’s Major Takeaway:
You can’t let any of the no’s and the rejections you hear get to you. Listen to her podcast called Success Unfiltered. Believe in yourself and do whatever you can to not let anything else get in your way.
Connect with Michelle on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and her website, www.thepitchqueen.com and check out her eBook.
Tired of the same, old PowerPoint decks? Use Prezi Business and your presentations will never be the same. Tell your story the way you want to tell it.
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS