Today’s episode is taken from one of our sessions over at the TSE Hustler’s League, If you haven’t yet check out our two-tracked training happening this October where we will focus on building value and business development.
Stop winging it! Ask meaningful questions. A study that was done on the Journal for Applied Psychology suggests that the likelihood of voting increased if they’re asked the question. Questions generate that mindset for people to give answers when asked.
The Benefits of Asking Good Questions
- It helps you tailor your presentation.
- It shows that you’re listening and mindful of the buyer’s needs.
- It makes you seen as a consultant.
Your buyers’ brains are wired to answer questions whenever asked.
The Start-Stop Question:
The prospect jumps towards the end of your presentation even when you’re still in the middle of it and they ask about the cost, for example. Using this strategy, you start to answer the question. Then you stop to ask them a question.
- Client: How much is the system?
- You: Great question. It’s generally between…(stop here) But first, how many users will use the system?
The Reverse Question
This works by redirecting the person to where you want them to be by asking them a question in return.
- Client: What kinds of features does your system have?
- You: It depends. What kinds of features do you guys want to see?
Today’s Major Takeaway:
Take control of the meeting and the conversation. Don’t jump right into giving them the answers.
Maximum Influence by Kurt Mortensen
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What do you like about our podcast? Kindly leave us some rating and/or review on iTunes. This would mean so much to me.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS