Today’s guest is Brian Biro, America’s Breakthrough Coach, and he shares with us why people actually are not overachievers and how you can stay motivated to keep you on top of your sales game.
Brian has been speaking for over 20 years. He has also authored a total of eleven books, including the bestseller, Beyond Success. His newest release is There Are No Overachievers: Seizing your windows of opportunities to do more than you thought possible.
A former swimming coach, Brian seeks to help people break through those fears, obstacles, habits, or doubts to help them get closer to their potential.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Brian:
Lessons from Brian’s coolest sales experience as the customer:
- Sell a product you truly believe in and you’re enthusiastic about.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Be fully present.
“When you go from ego to we-go, that’s when you win.”
Everyone Is a Leader
Salespeople must recognize and see themselves as leaders. You are the point of contact. You’re at the most important moments right there with the customers. That’s the essence of the company.
You’re Not an Overachiever, There’s More In You than You’ve Ever Dreamed Possible!
- We all underachievers. We have no idea what God has given us. We have no idea of our potential.
- It’s just that our fears and obstacles, habits and doubts, start to cloud the essence of us being able to do the things we never dreamed of.
- When we get closer to our potential, it never goes away. You’ve risen to a different level so you’ll never go back.
Overcoming Your Limiting Beliefs
What you focus on is what you create. If you focus on the obstacle, you create the obstacle. If you focus on the fear, you create the fear.
People tend to focus more on what they don’t want than what they want. They focus more on worrying rather than on potential solutions and opportunities. People tend to focus more on the fear of the change instead of the opportunity of the change.
What are you focusing on?
Focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want.
- Shape the future. Set your vision.
- Again, what you focus on is what you create.
- Take more control of what you focus on. If something doesn’t go right, focus on the lesson and the next steps.
- Don’t depend upon your memory to see.
- When you use your memory to see, you see what was, not what is.
- Understand that every person is different and they require different things. But you only see that when you don’t depend on your memory to see.
- Your customers won’t remember everything you said, but they will never forget your energy. It’s your energy that stays with them.
- Energy is a choice you cultivate. On a scale of 1-10, where have you been living your life?
- Change the way you move. The way we move is a habit. Change your habit and you’ll change your life.
Focus on your purpose. When you do something you love, your energy is unstoppable.
Give your full presence – 100% of your mind, body, and spirit with that person and where they are now. When you’re fully present, you’re telling them that they’re significant, they matter, and they count.
- Give credit, take responsibility.
Credit is something you give. Responsibility is something you take. Do that consistently with your team and they will want to run through fire with you.
The meaning of your communication is the response you get. If people don’t get what you’re trying to communicate, it’s not about them. Change you and find a different way to communicate.
Brian’s Major Takeaway:
Start to focus on controlling your contrallables – Focus, Energy, Presence. Focus on what you want to create. Seek to raise your energy level. Your sale rises as your energy rises. Be fully present when you’re talking with someone. Give them your full attention.
Connect with www.BrianBiro.com
The Science of Selling by David Hoffeld
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What do you like about our podcast? Kindly leave us some rating and/or review on iTunes. This would mean so much to me.