It wasn’t a smooth path for Melissa Krivachek. Seven years back, she was broke and homeless. And she knew something had to change. Fast-forward to now, she has been nominated for Forbes 30 Under 30, on the cover of Evolution Magazine as a Top 40 Player Under 40, and she was awarded the 1% of American Executives by the National Council of American Executives.
Not only that, Melissa has authored eight books, five of which have been on the international bestseller. Melissa also hosts the show Millionaires Hot Seat where she has already interviewed about 160 millionaires to date and which is now being turned into a television show.
Today, she’s going to share with us insights into what she did to build her company online as well as ways you can make money from your living room. Yep! You can do it too!
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Melissa:
Some steps Melissa did to pivot her way to success:
- Figure out who’s who and go to social media.
Melissa figured out the who’s who and went to social media and connected with him there. She simply opened herself up to that avenue.
- Be relentless in your approach.
You can’t just know prospects and sit down and hope they come to you. Well, they’re not going to come to you.
- Go for a platform where they have the least amount of followers.
This way, they will pay attention to you. If they’ve got millions of Instagram followers, they’re not going to pay attention to you but if they only have 400 friends on Facebook, they’re bound to pay attention to you.
How to get started with making millions in your home:
- Only read books relevant to what you’re trying to accomplish today.
Choose one area of your life that you want to succeed at. If it’s sales, read only sales books and only sales books that are really adamant about doing the work and showing you the path to doing the work.
Instead of taking the time it would take to read the other 55 books you’ve invested, do the strategies the first 5 books have. Be cautious about the books you read. Melissa’s favorite books are those of Og Mandino.
- Melissa recommends this powerful exercise.
- Take a piece of paper and every 15 minutes in your day for 7 days, write down everything that you do from watching the television to going to the bathroom to sending text messages, etc.
- Melissa can tell you what you value based on what you wrote down and her guess is it’s not sales. The goal for this exercise is to help you switch up your routine to fit more sales calls and prospecting into the loop.
- Create a chart by taking two circles and overlap them in the middle. On the right circle, write Executive Assistant. This person is the one who’s going to run errands for you like getting you coffee, do your grocery, drop your mail off, etc.
- On the other side, you have your Virtual Assistant. They’re going to do things like email campaigns, social media updates, paying online bills, making sure under scheduled aligns to what you committed to doing.
- This frees up all the extra time so you can stay in your zone of genius, whether it’s sales or not. But what you want is to spend as much time in your zone of genius as possible.
After doing this exercise for seven years with her clients, she realized people are wasting too much time doing things not conducive to making money yet their biggest complain is they don’t have time and they don’t have money and they wonder why. This is exactly why.
Interesting fact: Melissa did this exercise with an executive and they found 1600 hours in a year wasted. And he’s been doing this for 10 years!
- Hire that person to help you.
Find the most important task that you don’t need to do, don’t want to do, or somebody could do better. Melissa finds stay-at-home moms as the best assistants or salespeople because they do things on their own time. Pay attention to what’s important to your employees or even your contractors. Make them happy and they will forever be by you.
- Simplify your life.
Go to the things that you have lying around and start selling them. You don’t need a million options in your closet. Just get a couple options. Sell those things.
- Don’t expect to be a success overnight.
Finding the prospects and getting on the phone and all of that can be done over a period of time, but not overnight. So really decide what you’re going to sell and what they system is going to be but make it as simple as you possibly can. The more complex things are, the harder it’s going to be to make millions.
Melissa’s Major Takeaway:
Anybody has the capability to make a sale. You just have to learn the skill set to actually make it happen.
Learn more about what Melissa is doing on www.millionairesandmoney.com.
Millionaires & Money: Sex, Sales, and Seduction by Melissa Krivachek
Join the TSE Hustler’s League.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What do you like about our podcast? Kindly leave us some rating and/or review on iTunes. This would mean so much to me.