My guest today is fellow local Floridian, Corey Goltz, as he shares with us his biggest sales struggles, how he overcame those, and some of the results he has seen, and hopefully apply some or all of these principles to your own sales success.
Corey Goltz is in charge of developing CleanMark’s current customer base in the southeast region as well as building new business relationships. In addition, he plays a key role in extending CleanMark’s full scope of services to both existing and new clients.
HE IS MOST PROUD OF:
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Corey:
Corey’s means of prospecting:
- Inbound marketing through social media
- Being in the right place at the right time when the customer is ready to talk to you
Corey’s major challenges:
- Getting in front of a new group of people and getting into the space they’re already in
- Presenting himself as a thought leader or field expert in a new industry
Strategies Corey applied to overcome his challenges:
- Develop a mission statement.
Why are you out there? Why do you wake up in the morning? You can’t just wing things and do things without a compass.
- Research your potential prospects.
Go into LinkedIn profiles, Twitter conversations or talk to friends to find out about your prospects. Talk to your prospects without selling and just get to know more about them.
- Research and implement an effective CRM
Find something that fits your company’s needs.
- Have a sales process.
Having a sales process is often overlooked by many salespeople. A great personality is not the only way to sell. You have to have a basic process in place. Get a proper education or training. Base knowledge is important but having a process will help get you to the next level. By having a process, you have something to fall back to.
Some results Corey has seen:
- Their expected learning curve has been shortened by half.
- Peace of mind
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.