Today’s guest is David Thomson who’s going to give us great insights into how you, as sales leaders, can make sure that you hire better people.
David Thomson is the Chief Revenue Officer at List Partners Inc., a sales intelligence resource company. David is going to share one of the major challenges he has seen around the hiring process, how companies drop the ball sometimes, and how we can become more effective in hiring. This results in higher productivity, increased performance, better retention rate, and a greater sales morale.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with David:
One of the major challenges David has seen in the sales arena:
Promoting sales individuals into a sales management position where there is no process or system in place.
Strategies for Hiring Best Sellers:
- Bring in the right type of talent.
- Avoid surface level questions. Always dig deeper.
- Come in with 3 main questions then all secondary questions are based off of these questions.
- How would you achieve xyz results at this company? How long should it take? Who is required to do it?
- Give me an example where you demonstrated in a previous position. (Then dive in and ask 4-5 questions from that question).
- Bring people from other departments such as marketing and IT for a cultural interview to see if they’re a good fit for the entire team.
A lot of the best feedback come from people outside of the sales department. So have someone completely outside of the sales department to give you a different set of lenses.
David’s Major Takeaway:
Practice and do a role play. Grab a colleague or grab your manager and go in and ask them those questions before you actually go live into an interview. The more you practice, the better you’re going to be prepared.
Say goodbye to long, boring proposals and check out PandaDoc. Create electronic proposals to your prospects. Sign and receive payments without leaving your CRM. It integrates well with other CRMs such as Salesforce. Pipedrive, and HubSpot. To get a quick demonstration and a free trial, go to www.thesalesevangelist.com/panda
Help us spread the word out by leaving us a rating or review on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play or whatever platform you’re using.