Are you bogged down with so much stuff and admin work that you’re not seeing any increase in sales? As entrepreneurs and sellers, we have to systematically grow our business and have processes in place. Oftentimes, all you need to do is provide the right system. My guest today, Eric Taussig, gives us some great insights on how you can create the systems that can help you maximize and focus on your one thing.
Eric Taussig is the Founder of Prialto, a virtual assistance company that leverages the human cloud from their overseas offshore service centers to help amplify people by reinventing the executive assistant role enabled by technology and a global workforce.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Eric:
The biggest issues entrepreneurs face in growing their businesses:
- Difficulty in prioritizing the day due to constrained resources with imperfect information
- Difficulty in deciding over what work you can do versus what you need to delegate
Ways to increase your productivity:
- Trust and let go.
- Do not mistake movement for progress.
- Invest in other people.
- Scaling is about believing in other people.
Strategies in growing your business:
- Believe in what you’re building.
- Your passion for what you’re offering to customers is what attracts people.
The power of having systems:
- Do not overestimate the art of selling. Without systems in place, you’re never going to get the art.
- Emotional intelligence is an absolute essential but you have to surround yourself with systems.
Strategies in developing your systems:
- Make sure you know who’s responsible for every activity.
- Know what tool you’re using to monitor that activity.
- Make sure your process is clear and that you have a single tool for each aspect of that process and any single person in charge of that.
- Have process junkies on your team and respect them.
- Give your people ownership so they’re invested with you.
How having a virtual team can help you become more productive:
- You can hire people to manage your processes.
- You can hire people who are more critical in driving the strategy and growth of your business.
Eric’s Major Takeaway:
Give to get. If you want your business up and running, give away the credit and ownership to your people so they’d feel invested. Your goal is to build an entity that as many people in your team can see themselves fit. You’ll know you’re successful when your company can take on the inevitability of forward movement without you.
Connect with Eric Taussig through www.prialto.com or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS