Human beings are creatures of habits, which can either help us succeed or fail. But the key is to make sure you form good habits in order to be successful in your career and life in general.
My guest today is Dr. Frank Gibson is going to share with us great insights into understanding more about habits and how you can build habits that are going to help you become an awesome sales professional.
Dr. Gibson is a successful businessman and is also a successful medical practitioner and science researcher. He has appeared on over 50 television and radio shows in Europe and the US.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Dr. Gibson:
Dr. Gibson’s coolest sales experience when he was the customer
The Power of Good Habits
- Most people dream about what they want but that remains a dream or they fail.
- Habits are founded on COMMITMENT and DISCIPLINE
- Commitment moves us into action.
- Discipline is what makes us successful in life
“It takes years to develop a good habit but only one second to break it.” – Dr. Frank Gibson
The Power of Bad Habits:
- If unchecked, people start to identify their lives by their bad habits.
- Bad habits are not who we are, but a result of not viewing ourselves with the dignity, self-respect, and self-potential we deserve.
Change is possible.
- People don’t want to face their bad habits but they have to understand that they change is possible.
- Using your mental ability can help you create good habits.
- You must also use your passion as your fuel.
- Set rules of engagement before setting off on these positive changes.
Strategies for setting rules of engagement:
- Identify what you want.
Identify what you want and determine what you need to get there. Always know the difference between want and need.
- Do a SWOT analysis on yourself.
Determine your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Get others to do it on you like friends or coworkers.
- Get the training.
Suck up on everything you can to fill any gaps that you see on the SWOT analysis.
- Take control.
- Become aware of what you need to have for a meaningful life.
- Don’t be afraid of change.
Be open and fearless of any possibility in your life because nothing is constant in life but change.
- Don’t ever be comfortable.
Just because it’s a great passion, doesn’t make it automatically successful.
Be new everyday: “The old dog died last night.”
Develop a habit that every single day, you are re-born. This way, it allows you leave the baggage of yesterday. Everyday is a fresh start.
Dr. Gibson’s Major Takeaway:
Barriers are not obstacles but strategy definitions. Many people are successful because they knew their courage and perseverance were greater than any obstacle. There are only false barriers.
Learn more about what Dr. Gibson does and check out www.lastcallprogram.com and download his guide for How Modern Science has Changed Addiction for free.
The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.