Do you realize how powerful words can be? Words can either unite or destroy a country. So too can the use of language either make or break a sale.
Today, our guest Ross Jeffries is going to teach you how you can use the power of language to bring about a whole different meaning to a simple conversation as well as how simply changing the way you think and becoming a mindset monster can totally change the way you do sales (for the better).
Ross Jeffries has a dating business but his real passion is teaching entrepreneurs and professionals understand the art of selling and the power of language in directing people’s minds and actions.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Ross:
The art of being vague
It is important to understand the art of knowing when to be vague and letting the other person fill in the blanks.
Why sales overall is becoming ineffective:
- People have already heard it before.
- People are losing their ability to focus on anything because of distraction.
- Many people don’t trust their ability to make their own decisions.
- Mistrust in institutions
How to overcome common objections:
- Agreement frame – Starts with “I agree…”
- Linkage phrase – “that’s because…”
- Put in the tag question – “Shall we?”
The Use of False Causation
This means an implication of causation that may not apply. What you’re doing here is take the direction of their thought and completely spinning it around by saying “that’s because.”
The art of using the reframing your language:
- Control the meaning.
Instead of “cheapest,” use “lowest risk” company (but don’t sell and live by price)
- Use their excuse for not talking to you as an argument for talking to you to their benefit
- Disarm their canned responses and they won’t know what to say or do next.
How to reframe your own fear and lack of motivation to get on a call:
- Reframe your mindset.
Instead of “cold calling,” use this: How many unqualified prospects can you quickly eliminate today?
This completely changes that mindset of getting rejected so this eliminates your fear of reaching for the phone.
- Develop a mindset monster.
Have the ability to devour your doubt, crush your fear, and stride towards your goals like a giant.
- They’re a good guide but they have to be internalized.
- They have to be flexible.
- Use some hypnotic language like presuppositions such as naturally, readily, easily, powerfully.
Ross’ Major Takeaway:
Language structures consciousness. Consciousness is reflected back in language. If you can control the conversation or direct it, you can then control the decision and then you can make the sale. Learn how to use the language in a way that creates the meaning you want to create. Then build the momentum that leads towards the sale. Look at a sales as a living thing and that you’re creating a work of art.
Connect with Ross through www.consultross.com/free
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.