Ever wondered why your productivity levels are fluctuating periodically? Well, oftentimes, we are all governed by habits. Whether good or bad, productive or not, they could either help you increase sales or decrease sales – your choice.
Personally, I have transformed my habits to help me improve my performance and grow my business. In fact, I deleted my Facebook app on my phone and guess what?
The world did not come to an end!
So today, I’m sharing with you some tips and tricks to help stay focused and become more productive through building effective habits.
Strategies to get yourself organized and increase productivity:
- Get rid of distractions.
We all can get distracted easily. Start eliminating the things that were not being productive.
What I’ve done: I deleted the Facebook app on my phone. This way, it got difficult for me to have access to it since I have to go to my browser to access it which is annoying.
- Look at the apps you use the most.
- Look at certain triggers that tend to distract you from what you should be doing.
- Schedule when you want to check social media. (ex. 15 mins)
- Turn off phone notifications.
The influx of text messages or emails can become unruly that this could get you easily distracted too. So change your phone settings and turn your notifications off. If there is something important, someone is going to call you. Focus on things that matter the most.
Your immediate Call-to-Action:
- List down everything you’ve done (morning till evening) on paper and write down the time it takes for you to do each activity.
- Time your activities with a stopwatch to see how long it took you to do those things. This way, you’re able to plot your schedule out and have more control.
- Remove distractions (as mentioned above.)
- Set up the time periods that you’re going to prospect. Then prospect. The same with other things you need to do during the day.
Today’s Major Takeaway:
Eliminate the things in your life that do not really matter and that are not going to help you be effective or productive. Time yourself to become efficient in each thing you’re doing.
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Create interactive presentations that customers will enjoy and remember. Get a full demonstration of Prezi Business and see the power it has in action. Just go to www.prezi.com/TSE to help you tell more compelling, value-driven stories to your prospects.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.