Have you been selling for a while but just feel like you’re stuck? Do you feel like you’re not progressing or feel like you’re just doing mediocre things?
Today, I’m sharing with you some thoughts and insights to help you do some soul searching and figure out what you can do to get unstuck and back up on your sales game.
Part I – Am I Doing What I Love?
Did you happen to get in a job or career because it was the only thing available at that time? Or is it because everyone else in your family is doing sales or is going into your family business? Then ask yourself these questions…
- Is this really what you love? Do you love what you’re doing every single day?
If you’re not loving it, I’m telling you, you better figure something out quick otherwise this is going to plague you and hold you back for a long time. And when that happens, you only get to perform at a sub-par level every single time because you’re not motivated.
- Are you doing this just for the money?
Some people do this for the money. But this is not meaningful. How about finding something you can do that you love while getting money at the same time? You can always find something wherein you can do both and win.
If you think you’re just doing this for the money, but you’re still not making enough money and feel stuck, then you need to reevaluate if this is something for you.
- If you’re not loving this, ask yourself why. Why are you not loving it? Why are you doing this?
If you love it but just feel stuck and unmotivated right now, then keep listening to this episode and keep going.
Part II – Am I Doing Something Wrong
1. Find out what you’re doing wrong.
What is it that’s holding your business back from growing? Look into your sales process and try to pinpoint areas where you’re probably struggling with.
Do you have a set schedule?
Do you have a message that you’re sharing?
Are you going after the right customers?
Do you even have a process in the first place?
2. Focus on the basics.
Focus on getting a great ideal customer.
Focus on finding their true challenges.
Give a killer message that will deliver them from those challenges.
Part III – Challenge Yourself
I challenge you to Challenge Yourself!
1. Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- When you start setting goals and you start surpassing them and stretching yourself, you begin to get a sense of self-worth. And it something that’s going to keep you going beyond every single day. Write your goals down and tell someone else about it.
2. Get with people who can help you get unstuck and move forward.
- Consider being part of a mastermind to connect yourself with other people who are moving forward. Get with some movers and shakers in your community.
- Go to meetups.
- Search for networking groups you can join in.
- Find a few people whom you know are hustling. Go to The Sales Evangelizers and get on a call together.
- Check out TSE Hustler’s League
Each week, I hang out with different sales professionals and they share their goals with me and the community. Then we challenge each other and so we serve as your accountability partner. You have us. You have me.
Why joining a mastermind group (such as the TSE Hustler’s League) is so powerful:
I actually see transformation in people’s lives because –
1. They’re taking action.
2. They are writing their goals down.
3. They have people who are being accountable to them and they have to be accountable too.
Today’s Major Takeaway:
Do what you love. Find out what you’re doing wrong. Challenge yourself. But if you still find yourself stuck, I sincerely want to help you. Join the TSE Hustlers League and get the opportunity to get with like-minded people and really take yourself and your sales to a whole new higher level.
Please support us in our Indiegogo campaign, a movement to inspire others to Do Big Things. Simply go to www.DoBigThings.net.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS