As sellers, we often come across the term “personal branding” but do you really understand its power and the impact it can have to your own success? How do you actually brand yourself in the most effective way possible?
That’s why I’m bringing in Regan Hillyer on the show today as she brings an enormous plate of good stuff onto the table so you can apply these things to your own sales process as we help you get started with creating your own solid personal brand.
Regan Hillyer is a coach, speaker, and an entrepreneur. She helps people unlock their mindset so they can have more success in their life and help them figure out their “why” and the message they want to share with the world, and ultimately how they can take that out, monetize that, and create a massive impact.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Regan:
How to get your mindset and head right:
- Your mindset is critical.
Everyone is selling constantly selling all the time. Because people are so used to people selling constantly, they make very fast decisions. You can lose someone in the sales process even in the first 3-5 seconds.
- If you’re not in the right energy, don’t pick up the phone.
Get yourself out of it and spend 5 minutes snapping out of that state. Do whatever you need to do in order to bring yourself back.
- Focus on your intention.
Know your intention for the call, usually, it’s adding massive value and help someone shift through the next level.
- Physically change your body.
Don’t slump down on your chair. Pick yourself up. Move yourself around and get some energy physically into your body.
- Know that you’re in control.
You’re in control of everything that shows up in your life, your own emotional state, and your mindset. So you’re in control of the sale. Take responsibility for it. There’s nobody else to blame here but you.
About Regan’s book, Be Your Brand:
Why a book on branding:
- Realizing that people weren’t buying her product or service but they were buying her
- Coming from the space of branding yourself, unlocking your true message, and putting it out into the world
Your first steps to be your own brand:
- Figure out your message.
- What do you stand for and believe in?
- What do you have to share?
- Recognize that you can actually monetize this and live into this space on a daily basis and create a massive impact.
What if you don’t have a product or service?
- Don’t over complicate things that you have to invent something new. People buy you at the end of the day.
- Show up with whatever you want to sell and put it out there as long as it’s adding value and solving a problem.
- Find things that are in alignment with what you believe and your core messaging and what you stand for. (Ex. Affiliate products)
How to maintain your own identity if you’re selling for a large company:
- You have to bring you to the table. People buy you.
- Get into the space where you trust and know that you can just show up as you.
- People like people like themselves. The better you are at building rapport with someone and building a connection, they’d do anything for you if you can become their best friend in the moment.
How to connect on a bestfriend level:
- Be human in your call.
Talk on a human level. Talk about something that’s going to matter to them as an individual.
- It’s not about what you say but how you say it.
Connect in a way where your prospects like to be communicated to. Match them on their pace and tonality. You have to do this in the first 3-5 seconds because that’s where they’re going to unconsciously decide if they like you because you understand them.
- Focus your intention entirely on serving them.
People feel when your intuition is off. They might not know why they feel that way, but something unconsciously and energetically doesn’t feel right and they won’t take the next step.
Strategies to accelerate the growth of your brand:
- Be clear on what you’re aiming for.
Make a decision that this is what you want to do. Be clear on what you actually really want. Focus on your goal and don’t just be aimlessly selling. Then break down your goals from yearly to monthly to weekly and to daily actions.
- Look at how you can increase your sales and level of customers without bringing in more of your personal time.
Ex. Leveraging online products, building a team
- Tune your focus into how you can serve your client.
Once you’ve streamlined your goals into the daily actions you need to take realize your goals, focus now on setting that intention of how you can really serve others.
The idea of creating an obsessed tribe with focus on loving them daily:
When you build from this space, where you get a product or service and people will buy it regardless of the price or the product itself because they’re so immersed in the vision and who you are as a person and as a brand that they simply want to be a part of it.
Realize that everyone wants to belong. They want to be part of something, want to be seen, and want to be heard. They’re also looking for a leader. Step up and provide that space for them to do that and show up constantly. Give and give and give and look after them. Add value. The more you give, the more flows back into your business.
Regan’s Major Takeaway:
Everyone is in sales. So realize that sales is not a crazy thing but a natural human thing so build trust and rapport with someone. Add value to them and show them a natural next step. Don’t over complicate it. Go back to basics. Focus on being human and operate from that space.
Check out Regan’s book Be Your Brand. Go to www.ReganHillyer.com
Please support us in our Indiegogo campaign, a movement to inspire others to Do Big Things. Simply go to www.DoBigThings.net.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS