How confident are you when it comes to putting a price on the solution you offer? A lot of salespeople struggle with this and when price is getting in the way of your business or sales even when you know that you have tremendous value to offer then you better stop looking for the solution outside and start looking inside.
Today’s guest is entrepreneur and coach Shannon Presson who first learned how to coach with horses as her partners. Shannon shares with us great, actionable insights to help you switch off that critical, judgmental voice inside of you so you can go to a place of wonder and curiosity that will open up new possibilities you think you could only imagine.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Shannon:
How you get past the lie you tell yourself:
- Be authentic.
People will get you. They may not understand what they’re getting but if you’re 100% committed and passionate, people respond to that.
- When you’re ready to commit, you need to trust.
- People buy things based on emotions.
- Connect with the emotion, the desire, or pain of people to make them more interested in the solution you have to offer.
- Stop looking outside, start looking inside.
When you know this is the work you’re born to do but you don’t believe in yourself then you’re not going to convince everyone else.
Other actionable things you can do:
- Take 100% responsibility of your story.
- Recognize that you have story. Either you let it support you or sabotage you.
- Be willing to own the fact that you will have a view of the world that’s not working.
- Build coaches and mentors into your group so you’ve got a place to go to get things sorted out.
- Change your own story. Make a switch from that critical voice to wonder and curiosity.
Benefits of having a mindset of WONDER and CURIOSITY to create CHANGE:
- Puts you in a land of possibilities
- Allows your brain to sort information to look for answers
Shannon’s Major Takeaway:
Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. Always. 100% guaranteed. So if there’s anything outside of your world that is not working the way you wanted to, the answer is not outside of you, but within you. People get who you are. If you’re not connecting, start with what’s going on in the inside. When you get to the core of your life, what is it that you actually believe is possible in this situation?
Start on the inside and the outside just changes on its own.
Connect with Shannon through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unwrap Sharon’s free gift for you and get a 3-part video series where she will take you through a series of questions you can work on. SImply visit www.shannonpresson.com/freegift.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.