In today’s episode, I’m pulling another snippet from our online training session at TSE Hustler’s League and we discuss value-building. Here are the important points we discussed:
- Too much time spent on prospecting
A lot of salespeople think that the biggest issue is prospecting while the data is actually leaning towards their ability of being able to close more deals. Why?
Well, it is because they did not spend a lot of time closing deals. You spend a significant portion of your time prospecting when you should actually focus on creating value and helping your customers convert to get to the point where they make a purchase.
- Creating value
Do the opposite of what everyone else is doing, not only in sales but in every aspect of your life. Create value in a way that makes you stand out.
- The discovery phase
Figure out what you need to do to help your prospects see the value that you offer. Learn more about the prospect before having a meeting with them.
Case study: Starbucks
- Turning from commodity to something greater
- They gave people something that they did not know that they needed it. What is it? VALUE
- They have coffee as their product but they created an experience around coffee.
Now let’s turn the tables.
- Are you creating value?
- Are you bringing the experience?
- Are you helping your prospects see something differently through the value you offer?
Point out something they did not know to the point that they see the light and the vision that they would want to change.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.