Do you still find prospecting as a huge struggle? Is cold calling not your cup of tea? Today’s guest is Andy Paul, a phenomenal sales trainer, coach, consultant, and entrepreneur and he’s giving us great insights around the concept of cold calling and hopefully this can help you overcome this struggle that you’re similarly facing.
Andy is also a podcaster where he hosts Strategies to Power Growth, a weekly podcast featuring business experts talking about sales, marketing, leadership, and professional development.
This is only Part One of my conversation with Andy Paul so be sure to stay tuned for next week as we talk about more interesting stuff like scripts, processes, and systems.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Andy:
Fix it first.
- You always have a choice.
- The customer always has a valid problem (whether they’re right or not)
- Focus on how you solve the problem first.
- Then deconstruct it and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
One of the major challenges Andy faced: Cold calling
Strategies to overcome this challenge:
- Hold an online webinar.
- Have 10-15 companies to come in every week and invite them. (Or even get 2-4 companies a week on a consistent basis)
- Follow up with them very rigorously. Have them see a demonstration of your product.
- Start building up the number of prospects.
Today’s Major Takeaway:
There is more than one way to succeed. There are lots of different ways to prospect. Just try some things and find out what works for you. Then fine tune and make it work even better and follow your strengths.
Check out Andy’s podcast, Strategies to Power Growth
Fix It First
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.