As we celebrate Independence Day, now is also the perfect time to finally stop lying to yourself so you can be free from your false beliefs.
Now what separates great, successful salespeople from those who are not? What I realized is that we have the tendency to lie to ourselves as sellers.
- I don’t need to do all the planning.
- I don’t need to get the improvement I need.
- I don’t need to review the things I’ve already learned.
- Marketing is giving us crappy leads (then you blame the website and then the territory, and then the management)
So you basically blame everyone except yourself. You lie to yourself, telling yourself that you’re not the issue. Well, it may be a hard pill to swallow but the problem is probably you. You’re probably not doing the things you need to do.
Reasons for lying to yourself:
- No strong “why” or purpose
- Lack of passion
- Lack of belief in your company or product
So I want you to ask yourself the following questions with all humility and honesty:
- Why are you doing this? Why are you here?
- Are you lying to yourself?
- Do you know that you’re not selling because of…?
Stop believing your own lies because you are better than that. And if you’ve never been to this place yet, then don’t even go that route. Take control of the situation. Make the best of this. Hustle, hustle, hustle and you will see results.
Coach people on your team and help motivate them. Help them rediscover their why where they felt their meaning and excitement.
Today is Independence Day. This is YOUR independence day!
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.