Wouldn’t you want to create a lifestyle where you get to earn passive income so you still have the ability to do other things? Today’s guest, Matt Miller, has done exactly just that and you too can learn how to make this happen in your life.
Matt Miller is the owner and president of School Spirit Vending where he created some amazing things with the vending machine and he has been very successful at it. Today, he’s giving us some great insights into how you can improve your sales plus more sales hustling strategies from the main man himself.
School Spirit Vending specializes in hassle-free, passive fundraising for schools where they replace some of the volunteers that schools need at their level as they’re raising funds for projects. They also help teach families and busy professionals who want to own a business on the side and how to utilize their program to develop passive income.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Matt:
Matt’s transition from the military into sales:
- Showing up to work and getting a paycheck versus going out to perform to get compensated at the level he needed
- Having the mindset of having a system in place to maintain his pipeline full of prospects
- Focusing on what’s real versus the pie in the sky
Finding his best systems in place:
- Finding his space or best fit of clients working with business owners
- Not necessarily being the biggest guy in the office but finding a comfortable spot to spend the least amount of time possible to create the greatest return
- Business owners have less time to micromanage what you’re doing
Figuring out his vending machine business:
- Putting out over 100 vending locations
- Transitioning into the school environment as a passive fundraiser
How they generate results for schools:
Custom-designed spirit stickers and different product selections
Sticker machine placed in schools for free
A win-win for both the school and the franchise owner
Matt’s Major Takeaways:
- Don’t overthink it – the knowledge constipation.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Who cares about what people think? Just focus on yourself.
- Don’t take things personally. It’s not you they’re saying no to, but your product.
- The numbers work so be willing to work the numbers.
Connect with Matt through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or download Matt’s ebook about Live Your Dreams: The Top 10 Reasons Why You Need to Own a Vending Business for free. Simply go to www.ssvbusiness.com/se
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.