Today, we talk about the idea of partnership or getting the right people into a project. How am I going to get this deal? Shall I collaborate with somebody else? Should I split the commission? Should we get connected with them? The challenges of partnership, so to speak.
Here are the highlights of today’s episode:
Trying to get a bigger client or doing big things that you can’t do on your own
My BIG THINGS:
One of my big things was to do business on the side until I can do it full-time and leave my day job one day. And that became The Sales Evangelist. A couple of months from now, I am celebrating one year from my full-time software sales job.
When my podcast took off, I thought about putting a conference together and getting with like-minded folks to connect people. My next big thing is the Do Big Things Conference that is going to be launched in November. But I knew I couldn’t do it on my own.
How I overcame this challenge:
- Get with like-minded people to help bring that plan into action.
- Set the rules before you play the game so everyone knows how to play fair.
Collaboration is key.
So I collaborated with an amazing guy Travis who was introduced to me by another friend to get this event possible. On my own, I could not do it so I knew I needed to get the right people on board. Travis couldn’t do it on his own either so we came together, set the rules before the game, started working on the details, and started filming a Kickstarter video.
The idea behind the Do Big Things Conference:
To inspire people to take action and to do big things
Who are the ideal participants of this conference?
Individuals, salespeople, entrepreneurs who have ideas deep down inside but are afraid to take action.
What I learned in setting up this conference:
- Get with like-minded people.
Join a mastermind group or connect with influences in your community that you can align with so you can bounce ideas off and help each other.
- It’s not about the money.
If you think partnering with someone will only reduce your commission in half, you would actually gain a lot more opportunities in return. The key is to collaborate with the right people.
- What BIG THING do you have in your life that you need to accomplish but don’t necessarily know how to do?
- Is there a prospect that you need to get and you haven’t been successful in getting a meeting with him?
- Is there someone else you can partner with that may give you the “in” and split the commission that you’ll be jointly selling?
- Is there another company or salesperson that you can partner with?
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS