The concept of sales enablement is pretty much becoming a buzzword in the sales world today, but what is it exactly?
Mr. Enablement here is going to give us great new insights into that. TK is the founder and CEO of ToutApp, a sales success platform where they offer a one stop shop for customers to prospect more, close more deals, and manage smarter – all this plugged into Gmail, Outlook, Salesforce, and more as one streamlined sales process.
Today, we talk more about sales enablement, how it can help any sales organization enable their sales team and achieve greater success, and how it has taken the sales training process into a whole new level.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with TK:
What is Sales Enablement?
- Adding a specific person dedicated to making sure the sales team is successful
- Traditionally, people spend on sales training. Today, the landscape has evolved.
- The version 2 of sales trainers where they figure out the systems and processes put into place so training is reinforced and every rep is following best practices and winning
- Sales enablement doesn’t have to be a dedicated person. It could be a role that someone hones.
Drivers that create sales enablement:
- A sense of “tools fatigue”
- A need to look at these things as a whole to come up with the right set of tools and processes to make a rep successful
The right candidate for sales enablement:
- Prior sales experience
- Empathize with salespeople in their day-to-day lives
- The ability to look at the things you can give to reps to increase win rates and close deals faster
Good sales enablement vs. bad sales enablement:
The best sales enablement people treat their sales people as their customers trying to constantly figure out how to make their lives easier.
The role of customers in the sales enablement process:
- Think about your customer as a sales enabled person or the different segments of a sales team.
- Figure out what their needs are and how it differs.
What the ToutApp can do for you:
- Bakes in your sales process into the software so it helps the rep navigate the sales process
- Helps define key individuals so you can focus your efforts and not waste time
- Streamlines emails
- Integrates different platforms into the sales process
- Live Feed – tells you exactly what’s going on in your sales process
- Bridges the disconnect between marketing and sales to achieve overall success
TK’s Major Takeaway:
Do you have a piece of paper or document that clearly codifies your sales process? (Where you know the stages you go through and how you move from one stage to the next) That’s the first step of sales enablement. Then pick tools to scale that for the rest of your team.
Check out their website www.toutapp.com or email TK directly at email@example.com. Whether you’re part of a SMB or a large enterprise, I highly recommend you check out their software and see how they can help you and change the way you do things around more effectively, more productively.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.