It’s been 25 years since Joel Boggess sat behind his very first microphone doing traditional radio in the mid 90’s and television, until he eventually ended up in the podcasting world, where he has become the podcast expert that he is today. His show, the ReLaunch Show has turned into a flame thrower with over a million downloads and getting recognized in publications like Inc Magazine and Huffington Post. In a nutshell, they help podcast and content creators share their voice so they can build their business.
Today’s episode offers tons of great value to the table as we talk about a unique, better, and more strategic approach to getting your customers to say yes by “going for the no.” Listen in to find out what this is all about.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Joel:
Focusing on the idea of going for the no:
- Opposite to the traditional approach where you need to get your prospect to say yes at all times to get them into the habit of saying yes in time that you need to pitch the sale
- Ask them questions that would be a no for them but a yes for you because you know the solutions.
- Position questions in a way that they’d say no so you can give them a response of “No problem. We’ll take care of it.”
- When you get a smile and a nod, then you’ve got it! They believe you have the solution.
People buy outcomes, not features.
- Tie in your questions towards that goal or outcome the customer wants.
- Sometimes we love to show prospects the trinkets of a product which could slow down the sales process.
Joel’s Major Takeaways:
- Don’t complicate the sales process. Don’t do anything to slow down the sales process. Just go for a no.
- Practice, practice, practice. Know your content. But also know the prospect’s pain, problem, or challenge. And if you know it better than they do, they will automatically assume you know the answer.
Get in touch with Joel through their website ReLaunch Show to check out their shows and free resources.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.