I would love for you to try something different today. And who knows? This might be something that could greatly impact your business (if it hasn’t yet). The tool that I’m talking about is Sigstr, which is a new way to capitalize on employee emails or marketing channels.
Gracing today’s show is Dan Hanrahan, the Founder and CEO of Sigstr. Through Sigstr, email signatures have now been opened up as a marketing channel that you can use, making sure that every email sent includes the latest and greatest content, events, white papers, case studies, etc.
In short, the guys at Sigstr have created a system to control the branding, the look, and the feel of an email signature while injecting calls-to-action, thus making it an intersection of great marketing and opt-in sales.
Here are the highlights of my conversation with Dan:
3 most important features of a great email signature:
- Keep it simple.
- No need to include your address in your email signature.
- Have a link to your website.
- Think of the 3 or 4 things that have the most value and hone those in.
- Skip things like address and fax number but make them easy to find in your website.
- Use images wisely.
- Be efficient.
- Reserve the images to what’s most important (logo, call-to-action)
- Drive consistency to fuel brand.
- Provide a consistent experience across all formats
Success stories from Sigstr:
- Driving event awareness, registration, and attendance
- Sigstr added a call-to-action to the email signature
- 38% of all registrations came from a click on the email signature
- Helping raise funds for Brackets for Good tournament – competitive giving
- 75% win record using Sigstr
Analytics from Sigstr:
- Tracking results
- Average click rate for Sigstr campaign is a half per percent
- View metrics at a company level, campaign level, department, or employee
- Group your users into departments or groups
- Display clicks, click through rates across a number of functions of the app
Strategies for great graphics:
Screen grab from a resource you have available and upload that to Sigstr.
Engaging campaigns for Sigstr:
- Videos (can be 30 seconds)
- Having a clear call-to-action
Sign up for free. Test it out and if you think it’s a valuable tool for you (which I know it will be), then you can pick a plan that suits your needs.
Dan’s major takeaway:
Think about the massive reach and impact of the email signature. Whatever you do, make sure it’s a compelling brand experience because every single message can impact your brand positively or negatively.
Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.