• Home
  • /
  • Blog
  • /
  • TSE 290: How Content Marketing Can Increase Your Sales Leads

Don't miss our weekly sales tips!

Sign up below to get weekly tips from Donald on how to build a healthy sales pipeline and convert 2x as many deals!

The Sales Evangelist

Eric Siu, Donald Kelly, Content Marketing, The Sales Evangelist PodcastIs content still king? We’re going to talk about this and more on the show today as we bring in Eric Siu as he talks about the power of content marketing.

Eric Siu owns a digital marketing agency called Single Grain which he established in 2009 where they help companies from venture-backed startups to Fortune 500 companies grow their revenues online using different digital marketing strategies around SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, and connect everything together.

Eric is also the host of the podcast Growth Everywhere as he talks with entrepreneurs, tech people and markets about business and personal growth with more emphasis on the marketing side. He is also a regular contributor to several publications such as Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, Business Insider, Fast Company, and more.

Here are the highlights of my conversation with Eric:

Is content still king?

  • Content is king. Bad content is definitely NOT.
  • If you’re producing 300-500 word articles and think you’re going to get by, well, times have changed.
  • Studies suggest that the top three results in Google are usually close to 2,000 words or more
  • Provide in-depth content that provides actual utility to people.

What makes great content?

  • Provides utility over quantity
  • Utility means that your reader must be able to have one key takeaway after reading it.

What’s working in digital marketing today?

  • Gmail advertising (Yes! It exists. And a lot of people actually click through them.)
  • Videos (Periscope and Snapchat)
  • YouTube ads
  • Facebook video ads
  • Webinars

Use the power of Snapchat:

  • Gary Vaynerchuk is a great example
  • Tell a story to people to drive more conversations.

How to get a thousand TRUE fans:

Be consistent about blogging. You are going to suck at first but who cares? Not a lot of people are going to see it initially anyway. Eventually, it’s going to have a snowball effect. Opportunities will come and grow organically.

Don’t do everything at once.

You’re not going to have a budget to vet out each channel. See traction with one channel first and then 10x or 100x it. Have a process. Have a strategy. Focus.

The power of having your personal morning routine:

  • The morning sets the tone for everything.
  • Journaling
  • Way of Life app
  • The 500 Journal recommended by Tim Ferris
  • Start your day with having three things to be grateful for and three things that are going to make your day great
  • Exercise

Eric’s major takeaway:

Creating content is only one part of it. Be willing to go out there and promote it. Spend 20% of your time for content creation and the other 80% of it promoting. You have to start somewhere. Stay consistent to reap the benefits down the road.

Connect with Eric on Twitter @ericosiu

Episode Resources:

Get a free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/tse with over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.

Join Today!

The Sales Evangelist, Donald Kelly, Donald C. Kelly

About the Author The Sales Evangelist

Donald is the host of the popular sales podcast,"The Sales Evangelist". He is the founder of The Sales Evangelist Consulting Firm where he helps small companies develop killer sales process to scale their business and increase growth.

Donald is also an award-winning speaker, sales trainer, and coach. He's a big fan of traveling, South Florida staycations and high-quality family time. Donald has a belief that “anyone” can sell if they have the desire and receives the proper training.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

LinkedIn Prospecting Made Easy!

5 Simple Ways to Landing Appointments on LinkedIn, Even If You Don’t Know Where To Start!

LinkedIn Prospecting on Laptop

TheSalesEvangelist.com needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at anytime. See our privacy policy for terms and conditions and to learn how we protect your data.