In Sales Training

tqm1psychofsalesThe problem with a lot of salespeople is they think they are master sellers but don’t actually have the stats to prove it. Our guest today, Roy Wilhite will teach you how to do just that – become a master seller through a unique approach that comes from a fresh, yet proven, sales perspective – The Quarter Method.

With almost 3 decades of experience in sales, plus an extensive background in psychology and communications, Roy has combined these three together to help sales professionals do better in sales and learn to really love what they’re doing.

People attending Roy’s seminars achieve an average of 28-32% increase in sales in their first month. In fact, they reported a 37% increase in sales within the first month.

What started out as a seminar program teaching people how to do sales, became a massive success that Roy eventually decided to make a book out of it, in fact, a three-part book series.

Book 1: The Quarter Method: The Psychology of Sales (Available now)

Book 2: The Quarter Method: Communicating in High Definition (Coming out next month!)

Book 3: The Quarter Method: Closing Linguistics and Client Management

Here are the highlights of my conversation with Roy:

The kind of customer experience that Roy appreciates:

Going out of the way to help the customer accomplish what he wants to purchase

The concept behind Roy’s book:

  • Recognizing the importance of psychology in sales
  • Business brand vs. ego brand

What’s unique about The Quarter Method:

Teaches you how to affect a subconscious using psychology

Teaches you how to communicate

Some valuable insights from The Quarter Method:

  1. The power of psychology in sales.

Only 7% of communication is spoken. the other 93% of it is everything said that’s subconscious (the way it’s said, body movement, facial expressions, etc.)

  1. Taking the blame.

98% or above of salespeople will always blame somebody before themselves. It cannot be the client’s fault. It’s the salesman’s job to sell and not the client’s job to buy. Once you get to accept the fact that you suck at sales, the only thing left to do is get better. Now that you realize you’re the one who’s not closing, figure out why you are not closing. Then you get to reconsider your sales process and hear what else is available.

  1. The product you’re selling is you.

Look at the person you’re selling to, not the product you’re selling. Regardless of what product you’re selling, the product you have to always sell is you. The product is just the souvenir from your encounter.

  1. Your job is to learn the people.

Your job is not to learn the technical ramifications of a product. Your opinion doesn’t matter. Your job is to learn the psychology of the person who makes the decision and how to get to them. Your job is to communicate what your company is offering them with a product (not to give them a product).

The Wolf vs. Sheep Analogy

Wolf is a leader. The strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf. No matter how good you get, you still need a team. Wolves have to hunt. On the other hand, the sheep only follow the herd.

The wolves are the people going out and getting the job done.

Cost vs. ROI

Look at how long it’s going to take to get your money back or see the benefit of the money you’re spending.

Make sure to think about this from the client’s perspective.

Connect with Roy through their website at www.thequartermethod.com or give him a call at 818-534-8225.

Roy’s Major Takeaways:

  1. Go out and buy Roy’s book.
  2. A lot of salespeople hate sales. But the world is changing. As honorable sales professionals, our responsibility is to change that image by being honest, trustworthy, and professional. (Check out their website to view the 10 ideals of their company.)
  3. All communication is sales.

Episode Resources:

The Quarter Method

Check out the first part of Roy’s 3-part book series:

Book 1: The Quarter Method: The Psychology of Sales

The Sales Evangelist, Donald Kelly, Donald C. Kelly

Recommended Posts
Tim Riesterer, Donald Kelly, The Sales Evangelist, Sales PodcastSuperbowl, Donald Kelly, The Sales Evangelist, Best Sales Podcast