You rely heavily on your sales script to win over prospects. Right?
If you do, there’s no need to feel ashamed about using them. The company created them to help you know what to say.
However, a creative approach in your sales pitch is a better way to gain clients. This is especially true when trying to build authentic relationships.
In this episode, host Donald Kelly engages in an insightful conversation with Grant Lira, the co-founder of the Empathy Firm, discussing the art of creatively connecting with prospects in sales. Through Grant’s valuable insights, you’ll learn practical strategies for establishing genuine connections with potential clients.
Tune into this episode of “The Sales Evangelist Podcast” to help you become more authentic and productive in sales interactions.
Embracing Authenticity in Sales Conversations
- Grant emphasizes the importance of embracing authenticity in sales conversations, encouraging sales professionals to engage in genuine dialogue rather than adopting a scripted or robotic approach.
- He highlights the significance of establishing a human connection, as it fosters an environment conducive to open communication and mutual understanding.
- By approaching potential prospects with authenticity and sincerity, sales professionals can build trust and rapport from the outset.
Preparing for Meaningful Interactions
- Grant shares proactive strategies for preparing meaningful interactions with prospects before the actual sales call.
- He recommends sending a pre-call email with relevant resources, such as articles, case studies, and a personal video message.
- This approach demonstrates the seller’s genuine interest in the prospect’s needs and equips the prospect with valuable information to enhance the upcoming conversation.
- Grant believes sending personalized video messages offers a glimpse of the seller’s personality, fostering a more personable connection before the call.
The Power of Humanizing Interactions
- Donald and Grant discuss the importance of humanizing interactions with prospects.
- Grant shares his approach of envisioning sales calls as conversations with a friend, advising sales professionals to engage with prospects in a manner that reflects genuine human interaction.
- Avoiding the pitfall of pigeonholing prospects based on their titles, Grant emphasizes the significance of acknowledging the human experiences and challenges individuals face daily.
- By humanizing interactions, sales professionals can bridge the gap between traditional sales tactics and authentic engagement.
Creating Lasting Impressions
- Grant sheds light on the impact of thoughtful gestures in creating lasting impressions.
- Sales professionals can demonstrate a genuine commitment to prospects using personalized elements, such as a follow-up email with valuable resources. The approach shows you understand potential clients’ needs and care about solving their issues.
- Grant’s emphasis on creating a memorable pre-call experience aligns with the overarching theme of genuine, human-centric engagement in sales interactions.
Implementing Creative Approaches
- Grant provides actionable insights for implementing creative approaches to foster meaningful connections with prospects.
- His approaches reflect a shift towards humanizing and enriching the pre-call experience for both the seller and the prospect.
- Using these creative strategies, sales professionals can establish genuine connections with prospects and differentiate themselves from conventional sales approaches.
Despite how useful your sale script may be, consider improvising sometimes. Humanizing the sales process and engaging in meaningful ways cultivates genuine connections with prospects.
Thanks to Grant’s insights in this episode, you’ll discover the transformative power of authenticity and creativity in sales interactions. Through his expertise, Grant redefines the art of connecting with prospects, illuminating the path toward more impactful and successful sales engagements.
As a token of gratitude, Grant extends a special offer to listeners. Send an email to Grant with the subject line “The Sales Evangelist” for the exclusive gift. He’ll improve your outreach efforts on three online platforms and boost your social media presence.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.