Are you ready to boost your sales performance to the next level?
You can start by taking ownership of your professional development. Stop waiting for the company to provide the necessary training and build your sales skills yourself.
How can you do this?
In this episode of “The Sales Evangelist Podcast,” host Donald Kelly speaks with Matt Doyon, a seasoned sales leader, on the game-changing concept of the 3×3 coaching methodology.
Matt shares his experiences and insights to show how this coaching framework can revolutionize sales training and improve performance. Hear why sales representatives must take ownership of their skill development for tangible results.
Matt Doyon’s Background
- During his tenure at Rock Content, Matt Doyon pioneered the “three by three coaching” method.
- With a focus on empowering individual sellers, Matt’s approach emphasizes skill development, accountability, and personal ownership of the coaching process.
The Three-by-Three Coaching Method Explained
- At the core of the three-by-three coaching method lies the belief that individual sellers are the owners of their coaching process.
- This framework provides guardrails to enhance accountability and drive skill development.
- The first “three” refers to the skill category – technical, professional, and personal skills.
- These categories encompass core sales skills, professional skills like time management, and personal skills such as emotional intelligence and growth mindset.
- The “par” methodology governs the second “three” by outlining the point of focus, action plan, and results. This empowers sellers to identify specific areas for improvement, create actionable strategies, and measure the tangible impact of their efforts.
Real-life Success Stories
- Matt shares a compelling success story where a struggling sales rep was able to identify and improve their process using the “three by three” framework.
- By isolating the point of focus and enabling the agent to craft their own action plan, the coach guided the seller to internalize and adapt the necessary changes. This hands-on approach leads to sustainable and meaningful skill development, ultimately driving improved performance.
Empowering Sellers through Self-Directed Coaching
- Emphasizing the importance of allowing sellers to find their own path to success, the “three by three” method challenges traditional coaching approaches.
- Rather than providing all the answers, managers act as guides, empowering sellers to take ownership of their growth. This approach fosters independence and ensures sellers fully invest in their personal development.
The Tangible Impact
- Matt further asserts sellers need to move out of their comfort zones and embrace discomfort as a catalyst for change.
- With insightful economic perspectives, he highlights the evolving market dynamics and the need for sellers to take their profession more seriously. This strategic focus on skill development and continuous improvement is the key to thriving in the competitive sales landscape.
The 3×3 coaching method empowers individual sellers to take control of their professional growth. As the sales landscape evolves, salespeople must embrace self-directing coaching and skill-building for success.
Discover how this coaching method sets the stage for sustainable growth and impactful performance improvement.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.