What’s the best way to offer a discount to a client?
Find out in this exciting episode of The Sales Evangelist Podcast. Host Donald Kelly speaks with sales expert Richard Harris about his new book, “The Seller’s Journey,” and dives into the intricacies of mastering sales strategies.
Richard shares valuable tactics around sales, pricing, negotiation, and creating win-win scenarios with customers. He also addresses the critical role of understanding procurement and highlights the importance of qualifying for discounts and leveraging them as a sales rep.
Hear why you should pick up a copy of Richard’s new book and how it can help you in your sales career.
- Richard is a sales strategist and trainer with extensive experience in go-to-market and founder-led sales strategies.
- He is also the author of the recent book, “The Seller’s Journey,” which encapsulates his decade-long expertise in sales.
Earning the Right to Ask Questions
- Richard discusses his niche in sales training, where he emphasizes the importance of earning the right to ask questions, which questions to ask, and the timing of these questions in the sales process.
- Through his extensive experience in consulting, Richard has honed his framework for enabling sales professionals to navigate the intricacies of engaging buyers effectively.
Highlights from “The Seller’s Journey” Book
- Richard delves into the core concepts of his book, “The Seller’s Journey.” The book is divided into two parts: the mindset and framework, followed by 13 tactics that delve into critical aspects of sales strategies.
- These tactics include addressing respect in sales, effective negotiation techniques, and the art of framing questions around needs, economic impact, access to authority, and timelines.
- Richard emphasizes that the book delves into the mindset needed for navigating the sales domain effectively. With the right mindset, sales professionals can approach their roles with confidence and strategic insight.
Roleplay and Pricing Strategies
- Richard and Donald engage in a roleplay scenario that unveils strategic pricing communication tactics.
- Richard’s approach illuminates how sales professionals can effectively address pricing discussions while adding substantial value to the offerings.
- The roleplay also demonstrates the power of emotionally driven questions and strategic shifts to add value and establish a market-based price anchor.
Handling Discounting Requests
- Donald and Richard discuss the challenging aspect of handling client discounting requests amidst a cautious investment environment.
- Richard provides actionable insights into handling clients’ discount requests, balancing sales leaders’ expectations to maximize deals, and the art of leveraging discounts for mutual gain.
Understanding Procurement Dynamics
- Richard sheds light on understanding procurement dynamics and emphasizes the need for early engagement with procurement teams.
- He explains that procurement isn’t the enemy. Taking the time to build rapport and understand client’s needs can lead to mutually beneficial outcomes.
The Role of Win-Win Scenarios
- Donald and Richard also explore the role of win-win scenarios in sales negotiations.
- Richard offers practical insights into leveraging discounts, additional value adds, and testimonials to foster positive outcomes that benefit both the sales professional and the client.
This episode provides a wealth of knowledge for new and seasoned sales professionals. However, you must grab a copy of his book to learn his best sales tactics.
In Richard’s book, you’ll discover the importance of cultivating the right mindset and building client relationships. He provides comprehensive strategies to help you become a master in sales.
Gain instant access to the first two chapters of “The Seller’s Journey” below.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.