Two months ago, your client said they didn’t want to close the deal. So, this means that it’s over and done with. You should just move on to the next one.
Or maybe you should follow up to see if they will work with you now. Why?
In this episode of “The Sales Evangelist Podcast,” host Donald Kelly shares why those lost deals are actually golden opportunities. So, don’t cross those potential clients off your list yet, and hear why you need to contact them again.
The Number One Strategy To Close Deals
- Donald begins by breaking down the math of how many prospective clients a sales rep may lose within a given year. Most salespeople don’t take the time to return to those prospects and move on to the next one.
- However, Donald shares an excellent strategy for contacting those potential clients again to close a deal.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator List
- After you take the time to figure out how many prospects told you no, create a lost deal list in LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- You’ll receive notifications on their recent activities after you add these individuals to the list. These activities could include a change of job, recent posts, and more.
- Donald shares why contacting someone who recently changed jobs and works in another company is a great idea.
- Also, pay attention to the individual’s activities within the last 30 days. If you see they posted something, take the time to comment on it. It’s a great way to start a conversation and build relationships on LinkedIn.
Remember, you can use Sales Navigator for a 2-month free trial to see if you like it. The link is down below within the resource section.
Do you want more sales tactics to boost your pipeline? Subscribe to The Sales Evangelist Podcast to help close twice as many deals as you are now!
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the salesevangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.