The most powerful online tool for sales professionals is LinkedIn. You know the platform is a goldmine for finding prospects and connecting with others in the industry.
Currently, you have 400 connections on LinkedIn. But, have you even said anything to them besides Happy Birthday?
Most people don’t know how to use LinkedIn properly. You may not even know how to start a conversation to make someone say more than “thank you.”
In this week’s episode of the Sales Evangelist Podcast, host Donald Kelly shares his hidden strategy for starting conversations on LinkedIn. Listen to Donald’s advice to make prospective buyers reply to your messages.
Don’t Engage in LinkedIn Phishing
- Do you send hundreds of automated emails hoping someone will bite? You do know this is basically email spam on LinkedIn, right? Instead, pretend it’s the 1950s and start conversations like people used to do.
- Silver Bullet: LinkedIn shares other celebrations with you besides birthdays. Donald tells you why it’s vital to pay attention to these.
- Also, Donald shares a story of how he uses this LinkedIn feature uniquely. He discovered the key to making people respond to messages faster.
Consider Sending a Video
- You may be nervous about getting on camera, but it could lead to more engagement on LinkedIn. It’s worth you overcoming your fears and taking this risk.
- Donald discovered by sending a personal video that his LinkedIn connection was more willing to do business.
- Pay attention to birthdays, work anniversaries, and promotions. You can use these celebrations to start great conversations on LinkedIn.
- Are you struggling to create the perfect LinkedIn profile? Check out our 6-week LinkedIn Prospecting Course and start generating 3-5 appointments per week.
Donald shares insightful advice within this week’s episode. Subscribe and listen to The Sales Evangelist Podcast for more LinkedIn strategies.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Hubspot.
With HubSpot sales hubs, your data tools and teams join a single platform to close deals and turn prospects into pipelines. Try it for yourself at hubspot.com/sales.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you tired of prospective clients not responding to your emails? Sign up for a free 60-day trial of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
Calendly is the leading meeting scheduling software that automates your scheduling, speeds up your sales cycle, and closes more deals. Get started for free or learn more at calendly.com
- This episode is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Foundation.
Improve your connection on LinkedIn and land three or five appointments with our LinkedIn prospecting course. Go to the sales evangelist.com/linkedin.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.