Many sellers struggle with pushing clients to close a deal because they don’t want to appear too strong. In this episode of the Sales Evangelist podcast, host Donald Kelly speaks with L’areal Lipkins, a B2B sales team consultant. L’areal shares insightful questions to drive urgency and motivate prospects to act more quickly.
Who Is L’areal Lipkins?
- L’areal owns Lipkins Consulting Group and works with B2B sales teams to sell value.
- She helps teams optimize their sales processes by applying guided strategies and psychology.
- Through her teachings, sales teams can understand why they’re doing things and not only focus on selling tactics.
- She helps people make more money!
The Problem With Urgency
- There are two types of salespeople: those who are too pushy and those who wait to close a deal.
- Don’t make the mistake of conversing too long or coming off too strong. It can cost you money!
- Use the Whole Pie framework to create value and urgency with enriching questions.
What Is the Whole Pie Framework?
- The Whole Pie framework uncovers the real problem prospects are having and helps sellers to dive deeper into discovering it.
- Sellers ask three types of questions: problem, impactful, and emotional.
- With the framework, sellers can show prospects that their situation is important to them and they want to fix the problem.
- These questions involve what prospects are comfortable discussing.
- Sellers don’t have to dive too deep into finding the problem.
- Problem questions include, “Tell me about that” or “When did you first notice this?”
- 80% of sellers make the mistake of selling the problem!
- These create a ripple effect of discovering actions prospects actions in making sales.
- How is it impacting the team, company, and association?
- Only 10% of sellers ask impact questions!
- Why don’t sellers ask more impactful questions? The two reasons are the need for more training and learning to use their words.
- Most salespeople don’t ask these questions because they don’t want to get too personal. Only the elite sellers dive this deep!
- Emotion questions are “I’m so tired of this not working” or “I feel overwhelmed.”
- Sellers discover the personal impact that’s keeping prospects from closing a deal.
Do you want to make more money? Of course, you do! Connect with L’areal Lipkins and follow the Sales Evangelist podcast to become a better seller.
This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing, and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.