Quality beats quantity when it comes to lead generation, prospecting, and moving customers through your sales funnel. Knowing who to talk to and how to reach them can save you from getting caught up in drawn-out back and forths with the wrong people. In today’s episode, our host Donald Kelly meets with Dave Fink, the CEO and Co-founder of Postie. They talk about boosting efficiency and effectiveness in the sales process through focusing on ideal buyers.
A Clear ICP Leads to Efficiency
- Casting a wide net and gathering as many leads as possible may sound like a great sales strategy, but it isn’t the most efficient.
- Developing specific Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs) can help sellers identify customers that are a perfect fit.
- Weeding out clients won’t be a perfect fit may seem time-consuming, but in the long run, you avoid wasting time with prospects who can’t, or won’t, become customers.
Engage the Right People
- Not everyone in the company is a decision-maker or influencer. The people who stand to benefit from your product may not have the power to buy, so figure out who does.
- With recent layoffs all over the tech industry, there are fewer people in companies so it may be easier to reach decision-makers.
- Not all decision-makers think or act the same way. Things change. Consider how macro trends may be impacting them and treat them with empathy.
Handling Discovery Properly
- Do research about the person you’re going to be talking to and the company they’re a part of. Knowing their position in the company can help you understand their point of view.
- Just like doctors can have a great bedside manner that makes you feel safe and comfortable, sellers who treat discovery like a conversation rather than an interrogation will have more success.
Check out the website: http://postie.com for great content!
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you struggling to close deals? Cold outreach wastes the buyer and seller’s time at every stage, especially when sellers are using shallow and outdated data.
- Your organization can overcome these challenges with technology that translates comprehensive, high-quality buyer data into real-time insights.
- These deeper insights empower sales reps and teams to adopt the habits of top performers, which leads to better outcomes – like more pipelines, higher win rates, and larger deals.
- We call this Deep Sales. And we’ve built the first deep sales platform with the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Try LinkedIn Sales Navigator and get a sixty-day free trial at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.